Emily Dickinson -"Beauty is not caused. It is."

Nobody knows this little Rose, by Emily Dickinson
Nobody knows this little Rose --
It might a pilgrim be
Did I not take it from the ways
And lift it up to thee.
Only a Bee will miss it --
Only a Butterfly,
Hastening from far journey --
On its breast to lie --
Only a Bird will wonder --
Only a Breeze will sigh --
Ah Little Rose -- how easy
For such as thee to die!
https://kseamericanlitblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/emily-dickinson-poster-bee-naure-poetry-maxwell.jpg


Heart We Will forget him

Heart, we will forget him,

You and I, tonight!

You must forget the warmth he gave,

I will forget the light.

When you have done pray tell me,

Then I, my thoughts, will dim.

Haste! 'lest while you're lagging

I may remember him!

- Emily Dickinson

There Is A Word

There is a word

Which bears a sword

can pierce an armed man.

It hurls its barbed syllables, --

At once is mute again.


But where it fell

The saved will tell

On patriotic day,

Some epauletted brother

Gave his breath away.


Wherever runs the breathless sun,

Wherever roams the day,

There is its victory!

Behold the keenest marksman!

Time's sublimest target

Is a soul "forgot"!




https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/15/fe/ca15feebf0bd5781c9bd6c1fd6d4ac7b.jpg






http://www.notable-quotes.com/d/emily_dickinson_quote.jpg




http://shunammite.com/idea/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/dickinson1.jpg


Signature from Emily Dickinson.

* *        * *        * * 
''Water, learned from thirst.
SOLID - from sailing trips to the sea.
The Rapture - from the pain -
Irene, from the wars of the time -
  Love, from the tomb terrain -
 The Birds, by the Snow''.(Emily Dickinson)

translation of the poem:
Το Νερό, μαθαίνεται απ' τη δίψα.
Η Στεριά – απ' το αρμένισμα στα Πέλαγα.
Η Έκσταση – απ' την οδύνη –
Η Ειρήνη, απ' των πολέμων της το χρονικό –
 Η Αγάπη, απ' του τάφου το ανάγλυφο –
 Τα Πουλιά, απ' το χιόνι.

Fame is a bee-Emily Dickinson

Fame is a bee.
It has a song—
It has a sting—
Ah, too, it has a wing. 
νεολαίας, με ChristianSchloe

Art by-Christian Schloe 

* *  *  * *
Emily Dickinson Quotes
"Beauty is not caused. It is."
"Luck is not chance, it is toil. Fortune is expensive smile is earned."
"Luck is not chance, it's toil; fortune's expensive smile is earned."
"Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door."
Blue Horizon από ChristianSchloe

Art by-Christian Schloe
* *  * *   * * 

"I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven."

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain."
"If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry."
"If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is pοerty. 

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις

Εικόνα

Edgar Allan Poe

Εικόνα

Nikiforos Vrettakos